To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the admission of women students to St Mark’s, we are publishing online profiles of 40 of the many remarkable St Mark’s women who have contributed to the College, their professions, or the wider community. Many thanks to everyone who has nominated St Mark’s women to be profiled.
Profiles are being posted on the College website and social media, normally one each week.
The first six profiles have already appeared, and are of:
- Mrs Diana Medlin AM, educational pioneer and the first woman appointed to the College Council – read here
- Professor Jennifer McKay, the first woman Assistant Dean of the College, now Professor of Business Law at UniSA and Water Professional of the Year 2020 – read here
- Dr Angela Evans AM (St Mark’s 1982-84), international leader in podiatry and long-time contributor to College governance – read here
- Dr Rowena Mobbs (St Mark’s 1999-2004), a medical expert in cognitive neurology with an impressive record of sporting achievement – read here
- Ms Clare Thompson SC (St Mark’s 1982-83), one of Australia’s leading women lawyers, and champion of access to education, including at St Mark’s – read here
- Ms Sophie Ludbrook (St Mark’s 2019-21), College Club President and Collegians’ Prize-winner in 2021, Hawker Scholar and 4th-year medical student – read here